International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing 2019
Berlin, Germany, May 22-23, 2019
From 22 - 23 May 2019, LUM GmbH hosts the next, now traditional International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany.
ABACUS Tierpark Hotel opposite Berlin‘s famous Tierpark Friedrichsfelde (use our booking code LUM Conference via firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference topics include:
Particle & Surface Characterization
- Particle size distribution of nano- and microparticles / Hansen Dispersibility Parameter/Hansen Solubility Parameter / Particle density distribution / Particle surface characterization
Real-time & Accelerated Stability
- Direct accelerated stability testing of dispersions / Real-time separation in emulsions and suspensions / Comparative and predictive shelf life for dispersions (ISO/TR 13097) / Stability testing of cosmetic products (ISO/TR 18811)
- Tensile testing / Shear testing / Characterization of coatings / Characterization of composite materials / Mechanical strength
- Separation of particles in industrial processes / Characterization of dispersibility and filterability / Shear and compressive yield stress / Up- and downstream processing
Confirmed lectures (10/08/2018)
- Keynote lecture, Wolfgang Peukert, Institute of Mechanical Process Engineering of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Experimental Approach for Determination of Hansen Dispersibility Parameter (HDP) of Nano/Micro particles by means of Sedimentation Techniques, Shin-ichi Takeda, Takeda Colloid Techno-Consulting Co. Ltd., Japan
- Accelerated galenic stability measurement of cosmetic formulations, Richard Lehmann Bio-Chemisches Laboratorium Dr. Lehmann GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Incorporation of centrifugal and particle-particle DLVO forces into simulations of dispersion sedimentation and validation with LUMiSizer data, Timothy Hunter, Chemical & Nuclear Engineering School, University of Leeds, UK
- In-field stability of ferrofluids for the magnetic density separation of plastic waste, Ben Erné, Van ’t Hoff Lab for Physical and Colloid Chem., Debye Inst. for Nano Materials Science, Netherlands
- Microcontact Printing of Patchy Silica Particles using the LUMiFrac, Marc Zimmermann, Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Polymerforschung, Germany
- Centrifugal Force meets Materials Testing – Analytical Centrifuge as Multipurpose Tool for Tensile and Compressive Testing, Uwe Beck, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und –prüfung (BAM), Germany
- Recent advancement in food colloids research using LUMiSizer, Supratim Ghosh, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Simultaneous Determination of Protein Charge and Mass via Analytical Ultra-Centrifugation, Albert P. Philipse, Van ‘t Hoff Lab for Physical and Colloid Chem., Debye Inst. for Nano Materials Science, Netherlands
- On-line and Off-line characterisation of milling process of pigment suspensions, André Nogowski, SKZ/European Centre for Dispersion Technologies, Germany
- Use Of Lumifuge During Product And Process Development Of Silicone Formulations, Holger Rautschek, Wacker Chemie AG, Germany
- Sedimentation-Analysis for Pigment Application: Optimisation of LUMiReader X-Ray Analysis of Highly Filled TiO2-Dispersions, Thomas Koch, KRONOS INTERNATIONAL Inc., Germany
- Stability prediction of wax-containing inkjet ink by LUMiSizer, Yubai Bi, HP Inc., USA
- Topic from cosmetics area, Miloslav Pekar, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Title forthcoming, Anna Kuzmicheva, PepsiCo Int'l, Russia
- Title forthcoming, Steven Armes, Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK
- Title forthcoming, Lazhar Benyahia, Le Mans Université, France
Scientific Committee Chair: Prof. Dr. D. Lerche, LUM GmbH
The conference organizer invites all world-wide LUM instrument users to present their strategies and results in the scientific and industrial use of LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiReader, LUMiReader X-Ray and LUMiFrac in the frame of an oral presentation (for general topics see above).
Kindly send your abstract for an oral presentation in English as MS word file by email to event[at]lum-gmbh.de. Please download the stylesheet for your abstract HERE.
Deadline for late abstract submission (one page) is on 15 December 2018 (notification of acceptance will be given by 31 January 2019).
All abstracts will be published on www.dispersion-letters.com.
Presenting authors are granted the participation (including evening event) free of charge.
With calling for papers for Young Scientist Award 2019 LUM again broadens its support and commitment in promoting young researchers from universities and academic institutions all across the globe. The submissions of relevant scientific results to the organizing committee of the workshop are hereby strongly encouraged.
To qualify, any applicant must meet the following conditions:
• Experimental results that advance the understanding of the general scientific community in the analysis of dispersions/
particles respectively in materials testing were obtained by using LUM instruments (no longer than two years after graduation).
• The scientific significance of the results is met by submitting a peer reviewed publication, a Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis as copy, or, in case of unpublished results, a detailed description of work.
• Applicants provide a two-page abstract and a detailed curriculum vitae, along with a letter of recommendation by the supervisor. Please download the stylesheet for your abstract HERE. Kindly submit all documents by email to email@example.com, keyword ‚LUM YSA 2019‘.
The deadline for LUM Young Scientist Award 2019 applications expires on 15 December 2018.
A jury will nominate three candidates to present their results during the International Conference & Workshop, including a free registration. The candidates will be announced by 31 January 2019. Their abstracts will be uploaded to www.Dispersion-Letters.com. The jury will present the laureate in Berlin. She or he will be given the opportunity to submit an article to Dispersion Letters.
The LUM Young Scientist Award 2019 also includes a two night accommodation in Berlin and a prize money of 1,000 Euros.
Two days including evening event:
EARLY BIRD: 408.00€* (25% off till January 31 2019)
Regular price after January 31: 545.00€*
Cancellation fee after 12 May 2018 100%. A substitute is welcome.
* net per person, VAT not included